16 November 2010
The competition is open to young scientists from research institutions and universities graduate students of the Republic Kazakhstan.As a contribution to the science policy reform, UNESCO would like to provide to the young generation of scientists an opportunity to express their views on the development of science policy in Kazakhstan. It will to show diverse approaches and viewpoints on several issues, including a system of scientific personnel training, research funding, development of scientific schools and the commercialization of scientific achievements, etc. This contest will help to illuminate the concerns of young scientists and to convey their views to decision makers.
UNESCO will accept essay submissions from November 12, 2010 till January 15, 2011.
The authors of winning essays will be awarded with prizes and their essays will be published in a collection of articles that UNESCO will issue in 2011.
Essay submissions requirements:
- Text of up to 3 pages (A4) in Russian language, typed in Microsoft World. Front "Times new Roman”, 12pt.
- Author must specify:
- Name, place of employment, position, academic degree, academic title and the essay title (in capital letters, centered without a period);
CV of author in Russian and English languages;
On a separate sheet: name, address, contact telephone numbers, e-mail.
- The text should reflect the theme of the contest and be edited.
- Abbreviation and symbols should be spelled out in full in the first instance.
- References should be indicated in square brackets with the serial number in the list of references.
Article must be submitted electronically to e-mail with subject “Essay contest”.
For additional information please contact Yelena Yerzakovich, Natural Sciences Sector consultant on tel. +7 7272582643 ext 1424.